Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where's the RESET button?

Image Source
So as many of those who already follow me may know, I have hit a plateau. A weight loss plateau is when you no longer lose weight doing what you've been doing all along. This kind of scared me, actually "kind of" is an understatement, I pretty much freaked out; I feel backed up, I'm not eliminating like I was before, while working out I get tired quicker, I am sluggish, I have really bad joint pains, I feel like crap!

I came up with this detox plan by trying to figure out why all this was occurring. I broke down all the reason I could think of as to why my body is reacting in this manner. Then I began to sketch out different plans of action. I've been researching this for days. There are many different solutions to my issue but I feel like the best way for me is to go on a detox.

Why detox?

1. Reboot my system - I have never detoxed my system before. Granted I have done small things like maybe a salt water flush or I would use castor oil. But I did those to clear out my digestive system for that moment. They didn't really change anything - how I ate or how my digestive tract functioned.

2. Learn to discipline my eating habits - I have been eating cleaner but these past two months I have completely lost it.

3. Detox Benefits - The benefits of detoxing are craaaazy - clearer skin, decreased bloating, higher energy (just to name a few). I've even heard of medical benefits as well but don't want to get into all that. There is so much information out there on detox benefits.

What is included in my detox?

Image Source
All the fruits and veggies I want + water. I don't believe in starving my body AT ALL. I will still be working out and I will still be feeding my body whenever it feels that it needs to fed. Most of my meals will be in smoothie form but If I have the urge to much or snack on something I wont hesitate to just reach over and grab something. School is about to start so there will be temptation all around.

For how long?

I initially only wanted to go for 14 days but I am one to push myself. I don't want an easy solution, I want to work for my desired results. I don't want to short hand myself and go into this thinking I can't do it without even trying. I want to go into this knowing that I gave it 10000% of my effort. I will be aiming for 30 days. Exact dates are TBA.

Wish me luck!
Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More